Thursday 1 September 2016

Get the inside scoop from Complete One MD Glen Lowes

Managing Director at Complete One, Glen Lowes recently sat down for a one-on-one interview where he revealed his evolution as a business owner and his goals for the future. 

After the firm’s recent expansion into Glasgow, Newcastle-based events promotions firm, Complete One have moved one step closer to their goals for 2016.  Entrepreneur and Managing Director, Glen Lowes took time out of his busy schedule to reveal the inside scoop. 

1) What do you think is the biggest factor that has contributed to Complete One’s continued success?

“I think that always wanting to beat ourselves and what I mean by that is every week/month/year we have goals to improve on what we have done before. The name ‘Complete One’ actually comes from the standards that we want to hold ourselves to. This is a goal we have always hit as for every client we have represented we have been their number one provider of customers using the face-to-face channel.”

2) If you could go back and give yourself one piece of advice when you were just starting out, what would it be?

“Networking! This is one thing that I have really invested a lot of time into over the last two years. Firstly, I recommend finding the coaches or mentors that are right for you and define the level you want to get to. Then you have to travel and watch them work. One of my main coaches is currently based in LA and it would have been very easy for me to say it’s too far and make an excuse not to go. Glen in 2012, 2013 and 2014 would have made that excuse, but not today. If you are serious about your goals you will find a way to make it happen.” 

3) What motivates you?

“I think it is very easy to become comfortable when you have reached a certain level of success, or what other people would deem success. This is why I like to always re-set goals and set myself new targets.  I stay motivated by constantly setting new goals and pushing myself. Also, my main motivation right now is helping and seeing other people hit and achieve their goals. I love the people I work with, they motivate me so much to come in everyday and improve myself so I can help them.”

4) What are your long-terms goals?

“My long-term goals have changed the past few years since I have educated myself more in business and when I realised what was actually possible. I plan on making Complete One a company that has a global reach.  I have really enjoyed the past few years being able to develop budding entrepreneurs and having interests in other businesses in the same industry. Over the next few years I am planning on investing in other industries such as Entertainment, Property and a Hire company; the details of which I am keeping under my hat just for the time being. 

I love setting goals and figuring out how to hit them, it is still the best feeling, it never gets old!”

5) What do you enjoy most about being a business owner?

Being a business owner is something that I have always wanted to be since a young age. I remember the teachers at school telling me that I needed to pass my exams to get a job and I argued back that I didn’t want a job because it would be like having teachers forever.  Don’t get me wrong as a business owner I love learning, but now it’s my choice and my subject.

The thought even as a kid of total freedom and being completely in control of my own future has always excited me. I love being in control of my own future, income, the direction of my company and my career prospects.”


Complete One is an award-winning events promotions firm based in the heart of Newcastle’s city centre. Through in-person promotions at events and venues throughout the North East, Complete One acquire customers on behalf of their clients using the personal touch.  In a world of ever advancing technologies, the firm offers their clients something that is often lacking in today's impersonal digital world, interactive and personalised marketing solutions. At Complete One they have big goals for 2016 as they look to further extend their market reach and break the £1million turnover barrier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment